Putting Your Estate Planning Worries To Rest
Many people think estate planning is only for the wealthy. But ordinary families can be just as vulnerable to lack of planning as rich families. Families without plans in place must wait for the state to make estate decisions for them. Do you trust the state to make the right choices for you and your family?
5 Easy And Essential Estate Planning Tools
You should now be motivated to draft five essential estate planning tools. These are:
- A will. If you fail to leave a will, the state will divide your estate the way it likes. It is not a difficult process, and it will make your family’s lives a lot easier.
- Financial power of attorney. This document lets you appoint a trusted family member or friend to manage your finances when you are no longer capable. Drawing up a financial power of attorney is easier and cheaper than having the court appoint a guardian for you.
- Health care power of attorney. This document also lets you appoint a trusted family member or friend, to make health and medical decisions for you if you are unable.
- HIPAA authorization. This document allows you to name an individual who can have access to your medical information so that your health care provider or insurance company can share medical information with those you have named.
- A living will. This document allows you to state your wishes for continued medical intervention if you have a terminal illness and cannot express your wishes yourself.
Our firm also assists in the crafting of trusts. Trusts may sound like they are only for the very rich, but they are just as useful to everyday people who wish to specify exactly how and when assets pass to the beneficiaries. There are many trust elements that can be “mixed and matched” to provide the control you need over your life’s assets. See our estate planning frequently asked questions page to learn more.
Call Or Visit Us To Establish Or Modify Your Estate Plan
At the Law Office of Raymond Lampert, we understand your wishes to take care of estate business without a lot of fuss. We invite you to visit us and discuss your concerns. By establishing or making necessary updates to your estate plan, you will be able to remove estate anxieties from your list of worries.